Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My 37th Birthday Gift from Dad in 2003

While packing for our move recently, I came across a book my Dad gave me on my 37th Birthday and in it was the following letter:

Dear Lisa,

The cows caught my eye (Dad describing the Birthday card) because of your collection then I read it and felt the sentiment was down deep especially within artists, including yourself. I don't know about running with a wilder heard but I've sure cut the fences and ran to the wild.

I choked up a few times read the book, ("Why a Daughter Needs a Dad", by Gregory E. Lang). I saw myself failing you in some things expressed that had been in my heart but not expressed to you or done.

You may be a woman of thirty seven years but you're still a daughter, that it's not too late to say, as you told me, I respect and admire your honesty and straightforwardness even though it can sometimes make the road of life rough it's a long road and I think the most important thing is to have lived it true to the self within.

Try to keep a balance in your life.

I love you with all my heart and wish you all the happiness you so deserve.

Happy Birthday
Love always and forever,
Dad

No comments: